Kerry Kennedy, from the Robert Kennedy Foundation, visited our school this morning to talk about Human Rights, as part of the programme Speak Truth to Power .
I'd particularly like to thank my students Mateo and Ella for their interesting questions.
What did you think of the talk ? I'd love to hear your opinion, so please, leave your comments below.
I look forward to your presentations on Human Rights Defenders next week (20th of May)
Wednesday, 11 May 2016
Tuesday, 26 April 2016
On 10 December 1948, the General Assembly of the United Nations adopted and proclaimed the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
You can read a simplified version here.
Speak Truth to Power is a global initiative to educate students about HUMAN RIGHTS through the experiences of defenders from around the world. It is based on the book written by Kerry Kennedy, who is visiting our school on the 11th of May, and it is supported by the Robert Kennedy Foundation.
Find out about human rights defenders here
Do you know any human rights defenders ?
Saturday, 20 February 2016
Alan Turing aged 16
After watching the film The Imitation Game, you will no doubt be interested in learning more about such a fascinating person.
For information about Bletchley Park, visit: BBC HIstory
Joan Clarke plays an important role in Turin's life, but who was the real Joan Clarke?
The film depicts the life of Alan Turing, but how accurate is it?
Tuesday, 26 January 2016
Watch the video and answer the questions.
What examples of good hackers does Keren Elazari give us? And bad hackers?
Why does she compare hacking with our inmune system?
What does she tell us about her years at school?
What was her first experience as a hacker?
What did Khahl, the young man from Palestine do?
How did Anonymous become famous?
What happened in Egypt?
What is DEF CON and why is it mentioned?
So are hackers heroes or villains?
Wednesday, 9 December 2015
After watching the movie BOYHOOD, you are now going to write a review of the film.
Your review should include:
- information about who is in the film, who it is by and when it was made.
- a description of the story, characters and some of the action - without giving too much information away. No spoilers, please!
- your opinion on whether the film is good or not and why.
- your advice: do you recommend watching the film?
Deadline: Friday 18th
But first, here is an interview with the main actor Ellar Coltrane.
- How does the interviewer describe the film?
- What does Coltrane think the film is really about?
- How does he feel about social media?
Sunday, 22 November 2015
Sunday, 15 November 2015
Sunday, 25 October 2015
Watch the video and answer the questions
- When did the rainmaking technique originate?
- Why is China mentioned in the video?
- Why is the technique called cloud seeding? How does it work?
- How many countries are using this technique? Is it being used in Europe?